Regardless of your home or office air con and energy consumption, or what type of air conditioning unit you have, you are probably interested in effective air conditioning tips and tricks to save money. Whether you have an older style air conditioning unit or one of the newer split system air conditioners, there are several ways you can save electricity.
During the Brisbane summers, it can be difficult to find the balance between high electricity bills but also keeping cool and relaxed in the home or office. With the following air conditioning tips and tricks to save money, you no longer need to make the compromise between low electricity bills and a comfortably cool indoor space.
These tips can not only help with your electricity bills and family finances but can also minimise the impact you have on the environment. With daily life getting more and more expensive, saving just a few dollars here and there can make all the difference.
Smart Air Con Brisbane Tips
- Invest in a new air con unit. While it may sound counterintuitive to spend money to save money, buying a newer air con unit will save you more money in the long run. Some older air con Brisbane units will do nothing but drain your electricity and bank account, and make little difference to the indoor temperature.
- Go with a reputable supplier and installer. One of the most basic air conditioning tips and tricks to save money is ensuring you choose the right air conditioner and a good company to install it. If you choose a provider that doesn’t install the unit correctly, you may find yourself paying out lots of cash to get it refitted properly
- Choose the right system. You should choose your unit based on your needs. Is it for your home? An office? A retail space or a large factory? The type of air con unit you choose should reflect the needs you have or else you will find your bills are disproportionate.
- Keep up with maintenance. Make time to maintain your air conditioning units including cleaning your AC units, repairing them when necessary, and paying for routine, professional checkups.
- Adjust the temp. Another basic part of air conditioning tips and tricks to save money is setting the AC to a higher temperature in summer at night, as your own body temperature drops while asleep, meaning your AC doesn’t need to be on full blast.
- Open up your house. Try and open the windows to lower the temperature wherever possible, rather than turning on the AC at every opportunity.
- Turn off the lights. Turn as many lights off as possible as these are a direct source of heat in the house.
- Turn it off when not at home. Turn the AC off before you leave the house – this may sound obvious, but a lot of people forget!
We are more than happy to share all of our air conditioning tips and tricks to save money. We stock, supply and install a wide variety of split system air conditioning units. Contact us today to find out more.